If you want to keep your aquarium water fresh and suitable for your animal and plants, you require the best saltwater UV sterilizer. It helps you prevent your water from being polluted and dirty, which may be harmful to your favorite animals or plants in the aquarium.
But every UV sterilizer to filter water does not work properly to provide the animals and plants freshwater to live in it. To find out one that will best suit your requirements, you have to invest valuable time to research. So, we have done the hard work on behalf of you so that we can come up with the best one for you.
Is A UV Sterilizer Necessary For Saltwater?
A UV sterilizer is undoubtedly necessary for saltwater to keep it fresh and prevent dirt, microorganisms, viruses, and bacteria that may spoil the aquarium. Only a UV sterilizer allows you to keep the water optimum for your animals and plants in the aquarium.
Also, you know that a filter system is badly required for cleaning water for your animals and plants’ well-being. Otherwise, the water of the aquarium may develop bacteria growth and microorganisms from the free-drifting algae.
Table of content:
The following table of content will show you a quick glimpse of our selected UV sterilizers. It will help you understand what we have covered in this article.
- 5 Best Saltwater UV Sterilizer Reviews 2021
- Benefits Of Saltwater UV Sterilizer
- Things To Consider When Purchasing A Saltwater Uv Sterilizer
- Final Thought
After selecting the 5 best saltwater UV sterilizers, we have compared them with each other so that you can better understand. Also, if you don’t have enough time to go through the whole article, you can have a quick look at the chart as well.
5 Best Saltwater UV Sterilizer Reviews 2021
At the end of our extended-period of research, we have enough experience reviewing these UV sterilizers here. And, we do hope and believe that you will end up selecting the perfect sterilizer for you. So, read on to the end so that you can get your desired one.
1. Aqua Ultraviolet 25-watt UV Sterilizer for Aquarium, 2-Inch, White
If you search for the best UV sterilizer for a saltwater aquarium, then Aqua UV Sterilizer should come into the playout there in the present market. Because it can filter your aquarium water completely, removing bacterial, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms. It comes with a 2-inch inlet and outlet, which allows the water for better filtration.
The UV sterilizer comes with a complete solution to your water filtration. It has a lamp quartz sleeve and transformer to keep the aquarium water suitable and well for the animals and plants in the aquarium. The sterilizer lamp emits UV light so that the microorganisms can be killed, and it is long-lasting. Yes, the lamp life is more than 14 months, which is the longest life in the market.
If you have an aquarium at home and want to use the UV sterilizer for cleaning water, you can use the UV sterilizer. It also allows you to use it for your outdoor use, meaning that the UV sterilizer can be used in the swimming pools and other similar places.
Aqua UV Sterilizer Features:
- Aqua UV sterilizer is suitable for both your indoor and outdoor uses, meaning that you can use it for your aquarium and swimming pool as well.
- It has a 2-inch inlet and outlet to enable you to clean the water of your aquarium completely.
- It comes with a lamp quartz sleeve and charger to better filter the water in the aquarium for your animals and plants.
- The UV sterilizer lamp comes with the longest life, which allows you to use the lamp for more than 14 months.
- The radiation of the UV light of the sterilizer radiates properly so that the microorganisms, bacteria, and viruses can be killed.
2. AquaTop UVCP-13 Submersible Pump UV Sterilizer
AquaTop UV Sterilizer comes to cover a big aquarium that has a capacity of 2,377 gallons. So, you can purchase the UV sterilizer to clean and filter the water of a large aquarium so that the animals and plants can live better in the aquarium. It is one of the best submersible pump UV sterilizers for any aquarium to provide you the best filtration system for the aquarium.
The sterilizer has a super long 16 feet extra long power cord by which you can connect the filtration system to your aquarium. It kills most of the bacteria, viruses, and microorganisms to keep the tank’s water fresh in it.
It comes with a 528 gph flow rate, which benefits you to restart the filtration system frequently so that the water in the aquarium keeps clean and fresh as well. You can utilize the UV sterilizer for both freshwater and saltwater. Therefore, it becomes easier and versatile to use the filtration machine for cleaning water.
AquaTop UV Sterilizer Features:
- The sterilizer has a huge capacity to clean water in the aquarium, and it can handle up to 2377 gallons of water at a time.
- It is a submersible UV sterilizer machine that can submerge into the water without disturbing the tank’s plants and animals.
- The long power cord that is 16 feet allows you to connect the UV sterilizer machine with your aquarium from a long distance.
- 528 gph flow rate allows you to filter and clean the water in the tank very fast, and the cycle restarts fast again.
- It becomes easier for both freshwater and saltwater to keep the water in the aquarium and swimming pools clean.
3. SunSun JUP-01 9W UV Sterilizer Submersible Filter Pump
If you are struggling for the best budget UV sterilizer for your aquarium, SunSun JUP-01 9W UV Sterilizer might come into place out there in the market now. It allows you to handle more than 75 gallons of water in the tank or aquarium for cleaning water so that your animals and plants keep well.
It has a superflow rate, and it can filter 210 gallons of water per hour. So, if you own a big aquarium at home, you should not worry because the UV sterilizer will help you clean the bacteria, viruses, and other microorganisms from the water very fast.
It emits enough UV lights so that all the cloudy water with bacteria and viruses can be cleared fast. Yes, it comes with a sturdy 9 watt UV light, which emits necessary UV lights to kill these molecules in the water to make it clean and clear for animals or plants you have planted in the aquarium.
SunSun JUP-01 9W UV Sterilizer Features:
- This submersible filter pump emits enough UV lights to clean the water to keep it fresh and suitable for the animals and plants.
- The UV sterilizer has a strong capacity to clean the water in the tank or aquarium up to 75 gallons.
- The UV sterilizer size is not so big; therefore, it accommodates in the aquarium or tank pretty well to clean the water of them.
- It comes with a great flow rate, which means it can clean up to 210 gallons of water, so if you have a big tank, it can cover you.
- The UV sterilizer has a strong 9-watt UV light to enable the sterilizer to emit enough UV light to clean and make the water fresh.
4. AquaTop In-Line UV Sterilizer 10W – IL10UV
AquaTop In-Line UV Sterilizer comes with a UV bulb of 10 watt, which benefits you to filter and keep the water fresh very well. Because the UV bulb emits huge amounts of UV lights so that the microorganisms, including bacteria, algae, and viruses, can be killed and make the tank’s water keep clean and clear for the animals and plants in the tank.
The UV sterilizer motor is 10 watts, which are strong enough to operate the filtration system powerfully. If you have a large tank or aquarium to fresh the water in it, AquaTop In-Line UV Sterilizer should be the best bet because it comes with a max flow of 211 gallons per hour.
It has three different sizes to be barbed fitted in the aquarium and tank pretty well. The cable that comes with the UV sterilizer has a length of 70 inch which is enough for an aquarium and tank to submerge into the water not to disturb the animals.
AquaTop In-Line UV Sterilizer Features:
- It has a UV bulb, which is 10 watt to emit needed UV lights to clean the water and keep fresh for the animals.
- Max flow, the UV sterilizer provides up to 211 gph (gallon per hour), so it should be effortless for you to clean a big aquarium or tank water.
- The 10-watt sterilizer’ motor allows you to do the cleaning process with the machine very fast with proper accuracy.
- It has a 70-inch long cable cord, which benefits you to totally submerge the UV sterilizer into the water not to disturb the animals.
- The UV sterilizer has a replaceable UV-c lamp; therefore, you can easily change the lamp if you see that it does not emit UV lights accordingly.
5. Sun 13W UV Sterilizer Adjustable Pump Filter 150 gal Aquarium Fish Tank
If you are on a budget but want a UV sterilizer that comes in handy to meet your needs, then you should consider Sun 13W UV Sterilizer in the market now. Because it does the best work for you on this budget. The UV sterilizer has 13 watt UV light, enough to emit the necessary UV light to keep the water in the tank or aquarium fresh and clean for the animals.
With the UV sterilizer, you can clean saltwater and freshwater. Also, it is versatile to use both indoor and outdoor. Therefore, the sterilizer can be used for swimming pools, too. It can clean up to 150 gallons of water in the tank. So, a large tank or aquarium, don’t worry because it will cover them up.
It has a 40-75 gallon per hour to keep the water clean and fresh of the tank. Also, it has adjustable water flow regulating nozzles by which you can control how many gallons of water you actually want to clean with the UV sterilizer per hour. But the manufacturer of the machine recommends you 40 to 75 gallons per hour.
Sun 13W UV Sterilizer Features:
- Sun UV sterilizer has versatility in its use. It means the UV sterilizer is suitable for both saltwater and freshwater to clean.
- The machine can continuously clean up to 150 gallons tank, which is enough for your personal purposes.
- It has an 8-watt pump for fast pumping; therefore, it becomes easier for you to clean the water in the tank very fast.
- 13 watt UV light that comes with the machine can emit enough UV lights to clean and kill the microorganisms, including viruses and bacteria.
- The water sterilizer comes with an optional adjustable water flow regulating nozzle, which allows you to control the gph but recommends a 40 to 75-gallon tank.
Benefits Of Saltwater UV Sterilizer
The advantages of using a UV sterilizer for cleaning tank water are many. It helps to live your favorite animals and plants in a suitable condition. It is beneficial for eliminating viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms that may threaten your animals.
- A UV sterilizer helps you clean and fresh the aquarium water; therefore, it ensures a suitable habitat for your favorite turtles.
- Sometimes, it is seen that excessive growth of viruses, bacteria, and other algae possibly affects your fishes and plants; therefore, there is a direct threat to your fishes and plants. But a UV sterilizer comes in handy to save them.
- The ultraviolet light of the UV sterilizer cleans the water by going through the machine’s in-line cleaning unit. And, it prevents bacterial spread, viruses, and other parasites from harming your favorite fishes.
- Using a UV sterilizer, you don’t need to use any medication to clean the tank and aquarium water. Because it works similar to medication, it cleans water, filters it, and keeps the aquarium fresh for animals and plants.
- When you have both coral reefs and fishes in the aquarium or tank, it becomes difficult to segregate ailing fishes. Therefore, a UV sterilizer should come into play to clean and keep the water suitable for both of them.
Things To Consider When Purchasing A Saltwater Uv Sterilizer
For keeping an aquarium with fishes at home, you need to consider a UV sterilizer to make the water fresh and clean. When it comes to purchasing a saltwater UV sterilizer, you have to consider a few important things. Otherwise, you may end up buying a low-quality UV sterilizer that will not fulfill your requirements.
Size of the tank or aquarium:
Before you purchase a UV sterilizer, make sure you have determined the size of your tank or aquarium. The bigger the tank is, the more powerful the motor of the UV sterilizer you will need because bigger tanks have the capacity to contain much water to filter.
If your tank’s capacity is 150 gallons of water, you will be required to use an 8-watt pump to perfectly clean the water.
The wavelength of the UV bulb:
It is the most important thing to consider when it comes to buying a UV sterilizer machine. A UV bulb tends to emit ultraviolet radiation to kill viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms in the water, therefore, make the water fresh and clean. The higher the amount of UV rays the machine can supply, the better the water will keep fresh and clean.
As you don’t require to purchase a UV sterilizer frequently, it should be durable. Other than that, UV sterilizers are not so cheap. So, considering the cost of the machine you need to spend, if you require a new one, you should consider the machine’s materials, whether it is durable.
The installation process of the UV sterilizer machine should be easy. Most of them come with an instruction book. You can install a UV sterilizer by reading the instruction if it is easy to follow and install. Otherwise, you have to call an electrician or an expert in this field to install the UV sterilizer for the tank.
Frequently Asked Questions
You may still have some questions in your mind, right? That’s why; we are going to answer some frequently asked questions. Maybe, you have the same question in your mind, and you will get the answers from below.
Are UV sterilizers safe?
Yes, it is safe to use a uv sterilizer if you can safely install the machine into the tank. If you don’t mess anything, you are good to go following all the instructions that comes with the machine.
Are UV sterilizers good for saltwater aquariums?
UV sterilizers are good for both saltwater and freshwater aquarium. Before you go to purchase a uv sterilizer, you have to determine for which type of water you are going to use the machine.
Can UV sterilizer kill fish?
No, because uv sterilizers are used to kill microorganisms including viruses, bacteria and other molecules in the water to clean it for the fish and plants in the aquarium. Instead, it is beneficial for the fishes.
Will a UV sterilizer kill plants?
No, a uv sterilizer does not kill plants in the aquarium. Because people having aquarium use a uv sterilizer to clean water and make it fresh for the fishes and plants that have been used in it.
How long should you run a UV sterilizer?
It depends on the quality of the uv bulb that is used in the machine. Therefore, different brands allows differently. But you should run a uv sterilizer for cleaning water not more than 14 months.
All the 5 massagers we have mentioned above are worth buying. We have researched many products and end up selecting them from the crowd. Still, if you are confused, let’s make it easier to pick the best saltwater UV sterilizer. Considering all the UV sterilizer features and benefits, we recommend using AquaTop In-Line UV Sterilizer because its features are more convenient than others.
The UV sterilizer comes with a UV bulb, which is 10 watt to emit needed UV lights to clean the water and keep fresh for the animals and plants. Max flow of the UV sterilizer is up to 211 gph (gallon per hour); therefore, it becomes easier for you to clean a large tank or aquarium water.