Water is life, but this may not be applicable if that water is filled with impurities. This is because we end up putting your overall health in jeopardy. For our bodies to maintain their functions, it requires water free from contaminants. This is why water purifiers are paramount, for they disinfect the water from harmful micro-organic impurities. The best UV Water Purifier is technologically advanced and comes with filtration techniques that filter out impurities.
The availability of clean water has become a significant challenge, not just locally but also worldwide. A UV water purifier comes in handy in purifying water using the best water purification technologies. It gives access to 100% micro-organic free water supplied into our water system that does not affect our health.
Do UV Water Purifiers Really Work?
UV water purifiers work by using UV light to deliver purified water. UV water purification is one of the best water purification systems to be invented today. Through UV light, this process kills germs, viruses, micro-organisms, and bacteria present in water. Some of the micro-organisms killed are the cause of water-borne diseases like typhoid, hepatitis, cholera, and flu, among others.
Once the UV light kills these micro-organisms that cause diseases, water is passed through an advanced purification system process. This is done to eliminate impurities present in water. For an efficient water solution, you require the best UV water purifier. You will always enjoy great tasting water that is microbe-free and also free from impurities.
Table of Content:
- 5 Best UV Water Purifier Reviews 2021
- 1. HQUA-OWS-6 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer for Whole House
- 2. HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House
- 3. Geekpure Whole House Ultraviolet Water Filter– 55 W UV Water Purifier with Extra 2 UV Filter +2 Quartz Sleeve- (12 GPM)
- 4. Boeray Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Whole House Purification UV Water Sterilizer
- 5. Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier UV Sterilizer for RO Reverse Osmosis or Drinking Water System 0.5 GPM
- Things to Consider When Purchasing a UV Water Purifier?
- Why Should You Buy A UV Water Purifier?
- Final Thought
5 Best UV Water Purifier Reviews 2021
The water we drink today contains biological impurities that cause various diseases. That is why it is important to drink water that has undergone a purification process free from any biological impurities. Water-borne diseases can be avoided by using the best UV water purifier that cleanses water infected with micro-organisms. This review will highlight the top five best UV water purifiers to enable you to choose one that meets your needs and suits your preferences.
1. HQUA-OWS-6 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer for Whole House
6GPM 110V model features a UV Reactor Chamber for water purification and 304 stainless steel for durability. The Quartz sleeve works to deliver transmittance for the UV light and provides interspace for the UV lamp. The UV lamp emits adequate UV light to kill the DHA of the bacteria.
The electronic ballast is used to connect the UV lamp and the power. Its main aim is to work as the system controller with a 100cm power cord and a 90cm lamp cord for efficiency. The green light on ‘work’ indicates that all is well; however, in case of system failure, the red-light blinks on ‘fault’ while the controller beeps continuously.
This is the best whole house UV water purifier that produces up to 12 gallons of water per minute, adequate for the whole family. It is easy to install this model and does not require any chemical supplement. The green and safe sterilization treatment features on this purifier show that this is an environmentally friendly chemical-free model.
HQUA-OWS-6 Ultraviolet Features:
- The Quartz sleeve emits the UV light’s high transmittance and provides interspace for the UV lamp.
- It comes with a UV lamp that delivers ample UV light to eliminate bacteria and microbes.
- This model features a UV Reactor Chamber that is used in the disinfection process.
- The reactor chamber features quality 304 stainless steel for durability and stability.
- The Go Green feature shows that this model is environmentally friendly, and the safe sterilization treatment feature indicates that no chemicals are used.
2. HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House
The HQUA-OWS-12 features a UV Reactor Chamber that is meant for water purification. It is not only durable but also stable because it is designed with top-notch stainless steel. It is inexpensive, making it the best UV water purifier for home that eliminates harmful micro-organisms.
This 12GPM 110V 40W model comes with a unique UV- manufacturing lamp that receives a vast amount of ultraviolet light. The quantity is usually high to kill all the harmful bacteria. It is also designed using non-corrosive metal that delivers a fool-proof water purifying system.
The green and red lights built into the electronic ballast power box are critical, for they show when this purifier is functioning well and when it is faulty. This model also comes with one extra UV tube to guarantee high UV light transmittance. The high wattage sterilizes water effectively, killing all bacteria as well as handles any microbe problem.
HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Features:
- A water purifier is made with non-corrosive metal to ensure fool-proof water purification.
- It features a UV- manufacturing lamp that receives ample ultraviolet light from killing harmful bacteria.
- This Ultraviolet water purifier has a UV reactor chamber that is meant for effective water purification.
- The green and red lights featured on this water purifier are inbuilt into the electronic ballast power box to indicate when this device is properly functioning and when faulty.
- A model that comes with an additional UV tube to deliver high UV light transmittance for killing all bacteria.
3. Geekpure Whole House Ultraviolet Water Filter– 55 W UV Water Purifier with Extra 2 UV Filter +2 Quartz Sleeve- (12 GPM)
Geekpure Whole House water purifier features Stainless steel 304 chamber, which is sturdy and durable to serve you a long time. It also comes with a 1.0-inch MNPT inlet/outlet for easy flow of water. This UV water purifier has an electronic ballast equipped with an audible and visual alarm that gives notification in system failure.
This is the best ultraviolet water purifier because it can produce enough water to cater to your home. The best part is it works round the clock to keep water safe 24/7. Water produced by this water purifier does not change the taste, and its odor-free thanks to its extra 2 UV filter and 2 Quartz Sleeve.
With this Ultraviolet Water Filtration Unit, you will never lack safe and pure water because of its flow rate of 12 GPM. It ensures that your water does not have any chemicals hence maintaining the original chemistry of water. No secondary pollution will be introduced to your water once you make use of this water purifier.
Geekpure Whole House Features:
- This UV water purifier comes with a 1.0-inch MNPT inlet/outlet that ensures a steady water flow throughout.
- A UV water purifier with an electronic ballast comes with an audible and visual alarm that goes off when there is a system failure.
- It is a model that comes equipped with two extra 2 UV filters plus two Quartz Sleeve that ensure that the taste of water does not change and stays odor-free.
- The Stainless steel 304 chamber featured by the Geekpure Whole House water purifier is designed to be robust, stable, and durable, meaning it will serve you for years.
- This water purifier is designed to ensure that no chemicals are used during water purification, producing pure, safe, and clean water.
4. Boeray Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Whole House Purification UV Water Sterilizer
The Boeray Ultraviolet filtration system comes with a reactor chamber that works in purifying water diligently. It also eliminates 99.9% of micro-organism, bacteria, dust, cysts, algae, E. coli, among others. This best ultraviolet water purifier moves water at 1 GPM giving an assurance of quality consistent drinking water.
This model’s electronic ballast guarantees efficiency as it harnesses audible and visual alarm meant to the bulb in check for replacement. The alarm also goes off incase of filtration system failure and at those times when the quartz sleeves require cleaning. You can effortlessly install the Boeray by following the laid down installation instructions provided.
Constructed with food-grade SUS304 Stainless Steel, the Boeray light water purifier delivers quality, safe drinking water. With this UV water sterilizer, the taste of water is kept odorless, and its pH is also maintained. The general chemistry of the water remains intact, assuring you of quality and safety and guaranteeing consistent conductivity.
Boeray Ultraviolet Light Features:
- This water purifier features an electronic ballast that is efficient in binding both audible and visual alarm checks on bulb replacement.
- It comes with an alarm indicating a filtration system failure and when the quartz sleeves need cleaning.
- The Boeray is designed with food-grade SUS304 Stainless Steel of high quality and delivers safe drinking water.
- A UV water sterilizer is designed to keep the taste of water odorless while also maintaining its pH.
- The rector chamber with this light water purifier works to purify water by doing it away with 99.9% of micro-organisms and bacteria.
5. Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier UV Sterilizer for RO Reverse Osmosis or Drinking Water System 0.5 GPM
What makes this ultraviolet light water purifier stand out is Reverse Osmosis (RO) water filtration technique that works to purify water. This is achieved by eliminating contaminants, which include fluoride, chlorine, asbestos, among others. It also comes with a remineralization cartridge that works to input minerals back into the water.
This is the best RO plus UV water purifier that comes with a 6W voltage that gives your drinking water system additional protection. The 0.5 GPM UV Ultraviolet Sterilizer Water Filtration Unit system treats harmful Bacteria and other micro-organisms effectively. Additionally, it comes with a leak-stop valve that prevents water from overflowing.
Ultraviolet water purifying system that can be installed easily. Every part is made with top-notch material to ensure it serves you for a long time. It also contains two UV Lamps with a complete system that has mounting clamps for easy installation. Get this reverse osmosis water purifier that does away with chlorine from water.
Ultraviolet Light Water Features:
- A water drinking system with reverse osmosis water filtration technique that purifies water to the highest standards.
- It has a remineralization cartridge that ensures that minerals are drawn back into the water.
- The 6W voltage feature of this water purifier gives the whole drinking water system extra protection.
- This Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier comes with a 0.5 GPM water filtration Unit system that effectively does away with harmful micro-organisms.
- It features a leak-stop valve that works exceptionally well to ensure that water does not overflow.
Things to Consider When Purchasing a UV Water Purifier?
Having the best UV water purifier is an indication that you care about your health and your family. This is because a water purifier delivers safe and clean drinking water. That is why you should have one if you have not purchased one already. It is an investment that is worth it, one that will save you a lot of money. Water that is free from micro-organisms s what you will always enjoy once you have a UV water purifier. There are essential factors to consider before purchasing a UV water purifier that includes;
We all use water at different rates. Therefore, when choosing a UV water purifier, understand the rate at which you require water. This will be determined by the number of people the water will be served. If you are alone in your house, you will use water at a different rate than a huge family in a home. If you are using water purposely for drinking with the filter fixed under the sink, it means a lower flow rate is all you need. On the other hand, entire house residential ultraviolet water filters must have a larger flow capacity to cover your needs well.
Before purchasing a UV water purifier, you must understand the water quality that runs in your home. If it is hard water that has high levels of TDS, then you should go for RO. This is because RO has a semi-permeable membrane whose pore size is tiny as .ooo5 microns that eliminate the smallest impurities. If the water you receive is soft, then choose carbon activated filters for they are more appropriate.
UV water purifiers cannot operate without electricity even though both UV and RO filtration is outstanding water purification technologies. Without electricity, they cannot work. Therefore, if you do not have a consistent power supply, a UV water purifier will not be useful. If at all the electricity supply will be a challenge, opt for activated carbon purifiers.
It is essential to check the contaminants present in your water before getting a water purifier. The level of contamination will determine the kind of UV water purifier you will end up choosing. If you usually receive water with high levels of contaminants, then you will need to go for a UV based RO filtration. The UV effect will irradiate the water, destroying bacteria while the RO membrane eliminates contaminants making water safe for consumption.
How much are you planning to spend on a UV water purifier? This should be part of your consideration to look for a model that fits your budget perfectly. However, there are many models in the market today; hence the cost should not worry you. This is because they all come at different prices; thus, you will not fail to find an affordable model. Quality is considered meaning that no matter the amount, you will still find the best model.
Why Should You Buy A UV Water Purifier?
Various reasons can make you buy a UV water purifier. Some of them include;
- A UV water purifier ensures that you consume safe and clean water that is free from impurities.
- With a UV water purifier, the water you consume gets disinfected without any chemicals being involved.
- A UV water purifier will not change the taste of your water, and it does not alter the pH in any way.
- A UV water purifier ensures that your water remains safe for consumption when water supplied to your home gets compromised.
- With a UV water purifier, you will never face water wastage, and it is also easy to maintain.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some frequently asked questions that come up in your mind about the UV water purifier. Check out to find your answer.
Is UV water purifier harmful?
A UV water purifier is not harmful; rather, it is useful in water purification, eliminating microbes.
Do UV water purifiers kill viruses?
UV water purifiers are renowned for killing viruses from the water. All kinds of viruses can be killed using UV treatment.
Is UV water safe to drink?
UV water is safe to drink because it is free from harmful bacteria. Also, UV water has good taste meaning it is safe to drink.
Is a UV water filter necessary?
During UV water purification, the need for a water filter is not necessary. However, before a UV system, it is critical to have a water filter.
The water you consume determines whether you remain healthy or not. Often, the water we drink ends up filled with contaminants and bacteria that can cause adverse health effects. That is why having the best UV water purifier is paramount so that our health isn’t compromised. Choosing the right water purifier is crucial in keeping you healthy and making your home a safe place to live. The cleanliness, quality, and safety of water should never be taken for granted by any homeowner.
The best UV water purifier stands out is the Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier UV Sterilizer for RO Reverse Osmosis or Drinking Water System 0.5 GPM. The Reverse Osmosis filtration technique works exceptionally well to purify water. It also eliminates contaminants that make water unsafe. The remineralization cartridge that puts minerals back into the water is a great addition.