Water is vital for the development and proper functioning of the body, so it is important to drink water regularly; it is recommended to consume 6 to 8 glasses throughout the day. Let’s remember that our body is made up of 70% water. Therefore it is one of the things we need to live healthily. Water purification with UV lamps covers multiple purposes for supplying pure and chemical-free drinking water.
So, it is essential to carry out the water purification process by which bacteria and other contaminants are eliminated to obtain pure, quality, safe, and healthy water for the whole family. So, we have tested 100+ UV water purifiers in the market and picked up 5 best whole house UV water purifier that will ensure pure water with real taste, color, and odor. Let’s see below:
Why A Whole House Water Purifier Is A Necessity?
A water purifier has the task of retaining the polluting substances present in the tap water so that the organoleptic properties are preserved and kept intact. Our body is composed mostly of water, but not all the substances present perform the same function.
The appliance has the great advantage of purifying and sanitizing the water, depriving it of the polluting agents that are inevitably inserted. The purifier is used to reduce chlorine concentration in the water, stop rust or earth residues, and prevent microplastics from being ingested. The filtered water through the passage in the purifier can certainly be healthier, even for cooking.
Table of content:
- 5 Best Whole House UV Water Purifier Reviews 2021
- 1. HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House
- 2. Realgoal Ultraviolet Water Purifier 55W UV Sterilizer
- 3. HQUA-TWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House Water Purification
- 4. Geekpure Whole House Ultraviolet Water Filter
- 5. Boeray Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Whole House Purification UV Sterilizer
- Advantages and Disadvantages of UV Water Purification
- Final Thought
5 Best Whole House UV Water Purifier Reviews 2021
By purifying the water with UV lamps, numerous health-enhancing benefits are obtained related to our well-being. Below, we will review the best whole house UV water purifiers, and let’s see our best 5 picks.
1. HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House
HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier is made with 304-grade stainless steel that provides stable performance in water purification. It does not require any water flow direction, so you can easily use the UV purifier. The UV lamp provides a 90% high transmittance that kills bacteria and germs from the water. You can get a green light alert if it is OK and get a red light alert if any faults happen in the system.
It does not need any professional or expert to install, so you can install it perfectly to be the best UV water purifier with low maintenance cost. After every year, you may need to change the UV lamp and clean it after 6 to 12 months of usage. In the manual book, you can get details about the UV water purifier to handle the machine. It can heat the water about 104 degrees Fahrenheit at 4 hrs if the water is not flowing.
Its flow rate and water consumption level are 12 GPM that quickly kill strong germs and other problems. The Quartz glass of the machine works fine at a different temperature and tolerates high pressure. During water purifying, you will get chlorine-free water with real taste, odor, and color. With the metal connector, you can install it easily inlet or outlet. It can be mounted inside the house to be considered the best whole house UV water purifier.
- It is made with 304-grade stainless steel that provides durable and long-lasting performance.
- Its 12 GPM flow rate and water consumption help to kill strong germs effectively.
- The UV lamp kills more than 99% of bacteria, germs, and microbe problems.
- It provides chlorine-free water after purification with real taste, odor, and color.
- Without the help of a plumber, you can install it easily that save your installation cost.
2. Realgoal Ultraviolet Water Purifier 55W UV Sterilizer
Realgoal Ultraviolet Water Purifier is constructed with a 304 stainless steel frame that provides long-lasting and durable performance. With the 3 UV lamps, you will get the fastest water purification at a 12 GPM flow rate and water consumption. It is equipped with 55 watts UV lamp that can purify 6 gallons of water per minute. That’s why it could be the best ultraviolet water purifier.
The 2 plastic brackets holder allows you to mount the UV purifier horizontally and vertically. It runs through a 110V outlet and does not require batteries. The O-shaped rings protect the UV lamp from water. The sterilizer kills up to 99.99% bacteria and germs to purify water without losing taste, odor, and color. You also get chlorine-free water that ensures healthy drinking water.
The ballast provides a relevant power supply, so you don’t think about overload and over-voltage problems. Its quartz sleeve ensures optimum water purification by eliminating waterborne germs and protect the UV lamp. Its total weight is about 7.5 pounds, so you can carry and mount it anywhere you want.
Realgoal Ultraviolet Features:
- The UV water purifier has 3 55 watts UV lamps that can purify 6 gallons of water per minute.
- Its stainless steel construction provides durable and long-lasting performance.
- It can be mounted horizontally and vertically with 2 plastic brackets.
- The o shaped rings and quartz sleeve protect the UV lamp and kill germs up to 99.99%.
- 12 GPM high flow rate ensures water consumption and quick purification.
3. HQUA-TWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier Sterilizer Filter for Whole House Water Purification
HQUA-TWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier is a chamber made with stainless steel so you will get stable and durable service for a long time. It is equipped with 55 watts of UV light that ensure the whole house’s chemical-free water. The bulb’s lifetime is 9000 hours that ensure long time usage without any problems.
It has a high transmittance quartz sleeve that provides disparity in the UV light and ensures protection. With 3.2 ft power cord and 3 ft lamp cord allows connecting UV purifier with 120V outlet. You can get an alert of the system with green and red light notification with beeps. It is easy to install without the help of plumbers. Also, the manual book guides you to handle it.
Its quartz sleeve should be cleaned after 6 months of usage and replaced after 2 years for getting better purification. In 4 hrs standby water, it creates 140F heat, so put 5 gallons water in the water tank to reduce the heat. Its water flow rate is 12 GPM that is faster than regular water purifiers. It works without a water flow direction at home, and these features make it the best UV water purifier for home.
HQUA-TWS-12 Ultraviolet Features:
- The purifier has UV lamps that provide chemical and germs free water in the whole house.
- Its high transmittance quartz sleeve protects UV lamps and runs for a long time.
- Its flow rate is 12 GPM that provides quick water purification, and consumes water cost.
- The lamp’s lifetime is 9000 hours so that you will get a long time performance.
- Its beep and light alert shows the condition of the UV purifier.
4. Geekpure Whole House Ultraviolet Water Filter
Geekpure Whole House Ultraviolet Water Filter has 55 watts of 3 UV lamps that purify water and kills germs and waterborne particles with UV radiation. It is constructed with stainless steel 304 frames that ensure stable performance. The UV lamp’s lifetime is 9000 hours, so you can use it for a long time and purify whole house water. It can runs constantly day and night to provide safe water without any problems.
Its water flow rate is 12 GPM, and pressure is 40 to 100 PSI that provides quick water purification. The purifier keeps water pH level 3.00 to 11.00 that is good for our health. It has 3 fixed clamps to mount the purifier anywhere. The ballast provides a stable power supply to run the UV purifier without any problems.
The quartz sleeves protect the lamp and help kills waterborne particles effectively. Its audible alarm alerts when any faults happen in the filtration system. The lamps and sleeves last up to 3 years, and you can change. For these advantages, it will be your best ultraviolet water purifier.
Geekpure Whole Features:
- It has 3 UV lamps that provide optimum water purification with UV radiation.
- It is made with a stainless steel frame that ensures a long time using capacity.
- The sleeves protect the UV lamps and kill up to 99.99% of bacteria and other germs.
- It keeps the water pH level from 3.00 to 11.00, which is good for our health.
- Its water flow rate is 12 GPM, and pressure is 40-100 PSI that provides the fastest performance.
5. Boeray Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier Whole House Purification UV Sterilizer
Boeray Ultraviolet Light Water Purifier has 6 watts UV sterilizer lamps purify water without using chemicals and keeping taste, color, and odor accurate. It can be installed easily without the help of a plumber. Its reactor chamber is made with food-grade stainless steel that provides stable and longtime service. The purifier’s total weight is only 2.5 pounds, so you can easily mount it everywhere with clamps.
It has an audible alarm that alerts when anything fault happens. The quartz sleeves ensure UV lamp protection and effectively kill up to 99.99% bacteria, germs, and other waterborne particles. Also, the four pcs O-ring protects the lamp from water damage. The ballast provides a stable power supply and prevents unexpected electrical damage.
With the 0.5 GPM water flow rate, it can purify the whole house’s water quickly. It has extra accessories that allow us to connect and repair parts. During water purification, it heats the water 2 to 40 degrees Celsius and adding extra water to reduce heat. Its water pressure is 8 barrel or 116 PSI that allows it to purify a large amount of water. For these amazing points, it could be the best UV light water purifier.
Boeray Ultraviolet Light Features:
- It has two 6 watts UV lamps that purify water with UV radiation and killing water germs.
- The reactor chamber is made with food-grade stainless steel that ensures long-lasting performance.
- It has quartz sleeves and O-rings that protect the UV lamp and pass radiation to purify water.
- Its water flow rate is 0.5 GPM, and pressure is 116 PSI that ensures quick performance.
- The additional accessories and manual book make its use more convenient.
Advantages and Disadvantages of UV Water Purification
Uv water purifiers can purify water without creating chemicals and keeping the color, odor, and taste of the water as the original. It can kills germs, bacteria, waterborne particles up to 99.99%. Below, we will discuss the advantages and disadvantages of UV water purifiers.
Below, we will present the advantages of UV water purifier:
- UV purifiers are energy efficient and consume a maximum of 60 watts of power, which is similar to a regular bulb. It runs from 110V or 120V wall sockets or outlets that are mainly used for low consumption devices.
- During water purification, it does not make use of any chemicals like chlorine to keep the taste, odor, and colors accurate.
- It has a quartz sleeve that protects the UV lamps and kills up to 99.99 percent of germs and waterborne particles effectively with a high flow water rate. So, you will get instant purified water.
- For its chemical-free performance, it will not damage pipes and water tanks, so that you can mount it everywhere.
- They are easy to install without the need of a plumber. Also, it is included with a guide book that helps to install and use UV purifier easily.
The UV water purifier also has some disadvantages, and they are mentioned below:
- UV water purifier kills germs, bacteria, and waterborne particles but cannot dissolve arsenic, rust, fluoride, etc. Also, it cannot convert water into sweet water.
- It has no water tank, so you should put the UV purifier in an external large bottle or water tank.
- It has no battery, so you have to connect it with a wall socket or outlet to run the purifier. So, there is a point of an issue where load shedding occurs frequently.
- In muddy water, it cannot work well. You have to remove the mud from the water then put the UV purifier in the water.
- UV light is hard to see, so you do not understand it is working or not working. After 2 years, the tube or quartz sleeve has to replace and clean after 6 months to get better service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Below, we have answered some questions that users frequently asked about UV water purifiers.
Are UV water purifiers safe?
The UV water purifier is safe for us because it does not make use of chemicals like chlorine and keep the taste, color, odor of the water as real. So, it is not harmful to us.
Do UV water purifiers kill viruses?
UV water purifiers kill up to 99.99% viruses, bacteria, germs and water-borne particles effectively. Also, UV radiation is an efficient weapon for viruses that destroy the DNA of those water-borne viruses and particles.
How long do UV water filters last?
UV purifiers last for many years. But the lamps and sleeves have limited working time. You have to clean the sleeves after 6 months and replace them after 2 years. Also, the UV lamps have 6000 to 12000 working hours.
Is UV water safe to drink?
UV purifier keeps the water TDS level in a good range and keeps the taste real without using any chemicals. So, you can drink UV water without any hesitations.
The UV water purifier is safe and free of side effects that can effectively reduce deposits, residual chlorine, and heavy metals. UV can kill bacteria that are not even susceptible to chlorine. This method is recognized as productive and innovative. Here, we have presented 5 best whole house UV water purifier that ensures 100% pure water without changing taste, color, and odor.
In the meantime, I would like to recommend the HQUA-OWS-12 Ultraviolet Water Purifier that is constructed with 304-grade stainless steel and has 2 40 watts UV lamps to purify water with UV radiation. It has quartz sleeves that protect the UV lamps and kills water-borne germs, bacterial up to 99.99%. Also, it ensures 100% chemical-free water purification without changing the water’s real taste.